I’ve just published GLASS-dkh.118 (2.2.5) and GLASS.230-dkh.146 (2.3.0 or 1.0beta9). These two versions should be used with GemStone-dkh.279 (Squeak). All three of the versions can be found in the GLASS project on GemSource. If you decide to upgrade to these versions, first load the version on the GemStone-side, commit and logout. Then load GemStone-dkh.279 into your Squeak image and save your Squeak image.
With this update, you will need to do a couple of things to get things to load correctly:
- Before loading the GLASS package, turn off autoMigrate or evaluate ‘MCPlatformSupport autoMigrate: false.’ The shape and superclass of WAExternalID has been changed in Seaside2.8.2 and the automatic migrate algorithm chokes. As Seaside sessions expire, the old instances will go away.
- After loading evaluate ‘WAAllTests initialize’ and turn autoMigrate back on.
This release contains the following features:
- Seaside 2.8.2 (Seaside2.8a1-lr.563) merged
- fix bug38366 – blank versions in history list
- fix bug38916: FSSocketServer>>addConnection: and FSSocketServer>>removeConnection: not threadsafe
See GLASS package history for more details.
Between preparations for Smalltalk Solutions and working with Seaside2.9 and 3.0, I’ve been keeping pretty busy. After Smalltalk Solutions, I hope to find time to make another pass at the tools and do a little blogging about GLASS.