The big news with GLASS 1.0-beta.5 is the support of Swazoo2 as a web server option in GLASS for Seaside 3.0. I ported the Swazoo2 server from Squeak to GemStone and there is ConfigurationOfSwazoo2 (a Metacello configuration) in the Metacello Repository which can be used to load Swazoo2 into Squeak, Pharo, or GLASS.
As part of the effort, I created Metacello configurations for Kom (ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer) and SPort2 (ConfigurationOfSPort2) also located in the Metacello Repository. These two configurations should load into Squeak or Pharo (Kom has not been ported to GemStone).
- pick up recent changes from Seaside developers (12/9/2009 11:16)
- merge changes from JQuery-Core-lr.90 into JQuery-Core.gemstone-dkh.91
- move Kom, Sport and Swazoo packages to their own configurations
- use http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository as location for Kom, Sport, and Swazoo configs
- Swazoo2 moved to #common as it has been ported to GemStone
GLASS 1.0-beta.5 features
- pick up version 3.0.0-alpha5.3 of Seaside 3.0
- porting Swazoo2 to GemStone for Seaside 3.0, Seaside2.8 (possibly), and Aida
- better version of SpFilename>>delete [Core/Sport]
- additional FileDirectory methods needed by Swazoo2 [Core/Bootstrap]
- pick up fix for FastCGI so we persist an Exception description
- use Metacello 1.0-beta.17
Follow the 1.0-beta.4 instructions through Step 8 (i.e., start by bootstrapping 1.0-beta.4). Load the latest version of the ConfigurationOfGLASS package from the GLASS Project repository and follow the instructions in Step 9 replacing ‘1.0-beta.4’ with ‘1.0-beta.5’.
If you have previously bootstrapped 1.0-beta4, then you can update to to 1.0-beta.5 by loading the latest version of the ConfigurationOfGLASS package from the GLASS Project repository and executing the expression in Step 9 that you used in your original bootstrap, replacing ‘1.0-beta.4’ with ‘1.0-beta.5’. The newer packages will be loaded.
Don’t forget to make a backup before and after updating!