Metacello 1.0-beta.29 was released earlier today. This release includes a number of bugfixes and performance improvements.
- SIGNIFICANT speedup for load/fetch/currentVersion operations. More caching and better algorithms.
- Warn about newer versions in repository. MetacelloToolBox class>>saveModifiedDevelopmentPackages:for:description:.
- MetacelloBrowser support.
- experimental support for branching configurations (mcz level branch)
- fix Issue 108: Need to update Metacello (tests and Gofer config) to integrate changes from Pharo Issue 3660
- fix Issue 112: direct version load (upgrade) of config doesn”t update already loaded mcz files
- fix Issue 115: Invalid method construction by toolbox
- fix Issue 118: dirty package after merge skews currentVersion calculation
- fix Issue 120: lessons methods disapppeared in Metacello-Tutorial-DaleHenrichs.24
- fix Issue 122: misleading error message regarding stable versions
- fix Issue 123: broken development scenario
If you already have an earlier version of Metacello loaded, evaluate the following expression to upgrade to 1.0-beta.29:
ConfigurationOfMetacello project updateProject. (ConfigurationOfMetacello project version: '1.0-beta.29') load.
Metacello 1.0-beta.29 was tested against:
- GLASS 1.0beta.8.6
 Photo by http://www.flickr.com/photos/brankomaster/3667243737 / CC BY 2.0